Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Well, blog, it's been about 7 months...

I'm sorry I neglected this blog for so long. I guess blogging and I had a falling out. However, I am back at the keyboard and co-authoring a new blog, No Goddamn Dancing, a blog focusing on local music. It has been a fun adventure. We are about ready to break 1,000 pageviews! We just had our first stranger (note: not a friend or family member) comment on a blog post! The best part is that I get to write it with my handsome, talented boyfriend. It's really nice to have something that we can work on together. He's really the major driving force of NGD, and I'm really proud of what we've been able to put out together. Plus, hello, we go to concerts all the time. Fun!

In other news:
* I'm doing STP again in 2013, but this time around I am also volunteering as an Associate Ride Leader during the Training Series. We had out first ride last week, and I'm happy to say that I am not totally out of shape. Woohoo! I also have a college friend doing it with me this year, so yay for having a buddy. About 8 of my friends from training last year are joining me for Chilly Hilly this year, which is THIS sunday. Wowie!

* Going to Oahu, HI at the end of March with Tyler, his brother and bro's gf. Really looking forward to a week in paradise, and I think it will be really fun to travel with them all.

* My brother got engaged this past fall. They've set the date for October 3, 2014. Looking forward to having a sister-in-law!

* Bought tickets to see Postal Service in Portland in July. Stoked!

* Going to volunteer with the Moisture Festival this year. Birthday plans are starting to formulate. I expect Moisture Festival will be part of them.

* Doing a lot with the charity Water For People. So far I have been involved in two major fundraisers, one of which I am working on my 4th one. I am now on the King County chapter board for the American Waterworks Association and working on several Water For People committees, and will be taking on some duties with the Young Professionals committee.

* Thinking about doing a road trip across the south in the fall...

Will try hard to post in here more often. But check out NGD (we're on twitter and facebook, too! twitter: @ngdseattle) if you miss hearing from me :)

2 comments: