Tuesday, May 10, 2011

For Your Information

In my life thus far, I have authored four other blogs. I started my first blog on LiveJournal back in 2003 or 2004 as a way of journaling my thoughts and silly ramblings. I slowly stopped using it as others stopped using theirs.

I started my restricted blog in 2010, for the eyes of only a few close people.

I had a blog with a long distance flame in 2010, too, which stopped being used after we stopped putting the effort into the long distance thing. I think it is a really great way to keep in touch with your other if they live far away. That blog has since been deleted (did you know it takes 6 months for Google to completely delete your blog? The next boyfriend wasn't too happy about seeing an ex-flame blog...)

In January 2011 I committed to training for my first sprint triathlon with a few of my lady friends. We created a blog, titled "Fit-to-be-Tri", which is authored by all of us and documents our trainings, gives us a place to share ideas about exercise and health, and helps us organize training events. The triathlon, organized by SheROX, is an all-women's tri and is in Federal Way on July 10, 2011. It's coming up! I expect I will still maintain that blog in the future with other exercise info.

So why this blog? This blog is public. It is a place where I can document my travels and doings. A place where my family can check up on me while I'm in Dublin (or Sao Paulo? Sydney? Istanbul?) The super girly private stuff will get relegated to the private blog. Consider this blog a constant open letter to people who are curious about what I'm up to.

-Nikki

P.S. "Nikkio" is an affectionate nickname given to me by the lovely Kim Shelly.
PPS. "What Nikkio Said" is a play off of "What Sarah Said", by Death Cab For Cutie.

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel better, I have had six total... so I'm up there with you. :)

    ReplyDelete