Friday, December 16, 2011

MTME: Allen Stone

I don't think it's any secret or surprise this most recent MTME post is in regards to the hugely talented Allen Stone. Since seeing him play at the Wild Buffalo in early October, I have probably listened to his second album 200 times. Seriously. It's a good thing I bought a digital copy, because I will listen to it 2, 3, sometimes 4 times a day. In fact, as a Christmas present to the fam, I am taking everyone to see him play with the Seattle Rock Orchestra at The Neptune in January.

He has some of the most soulful and catchy songs I've heard in a long time. My favorite on the album is "Satisfaction", but I do love "Sleep" and "Celebrate Tonight", "Say So", and a single (you can find on Spotify), "Another Break Up Song". He can slow it down, too. "Unaware"...I cannot keep myself from rocking back and forth in my chair whenever that one comes on. You can feel everything he's saying.

Live, he and the band are very entertaining. He's got a stellar group of guys, including a brass section. Can't wait for January!

No comments:

Post a Comment