Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Crockpot Adventure, continued...

I made homemade chili after the bacon lentil soup, then I cooked a whole chicken in the crockpot with carrots, potatoes and onion. SO good that way, and way less energy than roasting it in the oven. I can leave the house with the crockpot going; not so much with the oven. After picking the meat from the bird, I threw the carcass back into the crockpot, along with all the leftover juices, and added some more seasoning. Filled the pot with water and let simmer on low for a good 8 hours. Strained the pot and walked away with really great chicken stock, which I used to make chicken noodle soup!

Next up in the crockpot: London broil, followed by pulled pork!

1 comment:

  1. I need to buy a crockpot, don't I? This all sounds great!

    ReplyDelete